Friday, June 25, 2010

Eye-Opener

I just watched two videos on a fellow Blogger's page. They were about cruelty to animals, and the impact on the environment. Thank you to Tyler Henry, for sharing. How did I find Tyler? I was scanning through Blogs, (with the next blog button) and found him interesting. So I have been following anonymously for a couple of months. He doesn't post very often. But really hit home with this one.

I need to put some thought into my values and priorities. I have recently found these two movements to follow. They are somewhat related, I feel strongly about both of them.

What do I do about the ice-cream date I have for tonight? That is definitely milk product, and I will not support the dairy industry any longer.

I will not waste the animal products I have in my fridge and cupboards. I will not let those sacrifices be in vain. But I won't let any more sacrifices be made for me, I am not worthy of animal sacrifice.

Thinking about it, animal products are in everything. There is milk in bread. I won't be eating cheese any more. No more leather; shoes, purses, furniture, car interiors. The list goes on. This is huge.

1 comment:

  1. Ya I think I would start thinking a little more, change one step at a time. Baby steps, don't jump head first...leave your life to that hahaha.

    ReplyDelete