Saturday, January 14, 2012

I posted this pic on facebook (something that I rarely do) a picture of my quilting design wall, with my current project on it. I have been 'working' on this quilt since 2008 ish. Collecting fabrics takes a long time when you want something like 30 of them. I cut all the pieces about a year ago and slowly have been piecing them together. I have 16 blocks assembled only 48 to go. Anyway it is taking a lot of concentration because they all have to be put together with pieces of the neighboring blocks. See how they interlock like 'Puzzle Pieces'. So I got inspired about 11pm last night, (on Friday the 13th) I made the decision not to pull out the sewing machine to start piecing right then, but put in some time organizing my workspace. So that when I can do some piecing I can just jump right in. I am just waiting for my coffee to drip then I think I will get started. With all that funny white stuff on the ground outside I don't think I am going anywhere today so I might as well do something nice for myself.

3 comments:

  1. If I am productive I will post an after picture of what I got done today.

    Self Motivation, holding oneself accountable. Lets see if it works....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "holding oneself accountable", I can see that you already are doing that. Surprise!
    I love what you write, you are "real" ! I don't have many friends, but I have really gotten to look forward to what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JD. It is nice to hear that. 'Real' is some thing that I have been working on, goes along with the openness and willingness.

      Delete