Monday, April 26, 2010

Rebirth of a Foodie

As I have said before I am a Foodie. What is a Foodie you ask? Well, do you know anyone who watches food network on a regular basis or has more cookbooks than you do novels, well that person is a Foodie.
I have been depressed about food lately, and now I know why. I have been eating too much meat, way too much. My system works so much better when I eat almost entirely vegetarian. So for lunch today I put together a fresh bean salad with sun-dried tomato and oregano dressing (thanks again to Katie). And I have some dough going in my bread machine so I can make cinnamon rolls later.
I have been looking for new ideas on the web and of course getting totally overwhelmed. Found a pita in the bread machine recipe which I want to try. One of my favorite things in the whole world is hummus and pita. Years ago when I still lived with my parents I made pita in their machine but didn't write down the recipe. I have yet to recreate that same success. Note to Mom: Please send me the pita recipe.
For now I will work on my shopping list and dream about food again, and hope for more food inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment