Friday, April 9, 2010

Cooking

I have lost my interest in cooking. I used to be a major foodie. I would try all those new, unusual products in the grocery store, and actually like some of them. I had to try every thing new, and was always playing with new combinations. I used to have so much fun with food. I miss those good times.
So here I am bored to tears with my own cooking, and want the spark back in the kitchen. Hey, I'd like the spark back in most areas of my life!!!
But really, food. I know you can't live without it, you need to eat, it is fuel for the body and the mind. I know you have to eat a balanced diet of fruits, veggies, protein, carbs, and dairy. I know all about the Canada Food Guide.
I have been cooking the same three dishes for the past three years. It is time for a change. So this weekend I am going to make home made pasta(I bought a pasta rolling machine last year and haven't used it yet). Maybe Lasagna, I'll have some grocery shopping to do, which is not a real appealing prospect as I work in a grocery store and cannot stand to be in a grocery store as a shopper for more than ten minutes. Maybe I will have to go to a different store.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it can be relaxing shopping for food. You can think of all the things you get too make for the next 2 weeks or so. Depending on how many people live your house that is...in your case, it will be 2 weeks, mine...I'm lucky if it lasts a week. I noticed your pasta machine still in the same spot..and box..guess you haven't made pasta yet hey.

    ReplyDelete