Monday, April 5, 2010

Internet Woes.

I have my first computer. I am just getting over my life-long status as a technophobe. So for Christmas my big gift from my parents was a brand new laptop. Fast-forward to February 8-2010.
I make the trek to Mom and Dad’s house, (about four hours travel from my house in Delta to the Langdale Ferry terminal where they pick me up) to pick up computer and do setup with them.
I don’t have access to a wireless connection at home, so for now I am taking my computer out on Dates. I go up to Starbucks, buy a coffee or tea and sit there to check my email and surf the net. This kinda sucks, I am an introvert. I need my alone time. Public places stress me out. There are other options, I can go over to my friend’s house and connect to her wireless. But her house is almost Grand Central Station, there are always people coming and going. It is so noisy over there, that I just can’t concentrate. Fast-forward again to March 29, 2010.
I am trying to set up a wireless router on the computer upstairs, courtesy of my lovely sister, Charmaine. I made a date with her for Good Friday, to do the setup. I’m finally going to get on the internet AT HOME. Happy dance, much celebration! But as always, there are hiccups. My brother-in-law a bit of a control-freak. Apparently Charmaine had not cleared our plans with big D. We were almost halfway through the process and he comes into the living-room and stops us mid-hook-up.
So, no internet today (Good Friday, only day off until Thursday). He promises to hook it up on Monday, I won’t hold my breath.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy things got worked out for you. You are still always welcome to my crazy house though...LOL Makes the time go by fast don't it...

    ReplyDelete