Thursday, May 27, 2010

Foodie Update

So here I am, midweek day off and I'm crazy over food. I cleaned out my freezer, pulled all those turkey and chicken carcases out and I am currently roasting them so I can make soup. I have this huge stock pot and it is all going in there and at some point tonight I will have my first bowl of homemade turkey soup, I am so excited.

I have been thinking about food all morning. How much I love food, preparing it, cooking it, eating it, sharing it. Good food is my passion. Now I just need someone to share it with, someone who understands.

It isn't like I eat so much I can't keep the pounds off. Fact is the complete opposite is true, I have trouble gaining weight. I am about 5 pounds underweight. I have made progress. Six months ago I was 10 pounds under my goal. I know that isn't alot of progress, but it is hard work. My system is not used to eating a huge amount of protein, so I have to drink Soy based protein drinks and they are a little yucky.

So here is my new food resolutions.
I will try one new recipe a week.
I will start packing lunches for work.
I will share a meal I cooked with one person per week.(this one is going to be tough)
I will keep a recipe journal of all the new stuff I am trying.
I will update my blog with the new stuff I am trying, to keep me honest.

I think that is good for now. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment