Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I am sitting here at home:

I have finished my homework, had dinner, and prepped lunch for tomorrow. I thought this might be a good time to write.

I haven't written anything for a long time and I have to say I am feeling a little guilty. There has been so much going on that I don't even have time to read the stuff I normally read on Blogger. I feel so out of touch. Like I fell into the Carpentry Vortex. It is all I can think about, no social life (well not much), I am getting to fewer and fewer meetings, I know it isn't healthy, cause life is all about balance. Right now I guess I am on the contra-dependent swing. My usual swing is from overly dependent on others to hyper-self sufficient.

The thing is at school I am learning all this new stuff, and I want to put it to use, Right Now!

I don't want to wait until the course is over and I get a job. I want to build stuff now.

I went to the flea market this weekend and looked at all the old tools and even bought a few. I know that I got some good stuff, it is quality stuff and in not bad condition, little rusty but (almost) complete and straight. I got a Stanley No5 Jack plane, for $20! All it is missing is the chipper. I am so looking forward to using my hand tools to make use of some of the material that others think is scrap, and make some beautiful stuff out of it. I know it is all fantasy at this point. But really the sky is the limit (and yes I know about the Sky Hooks).

I took a book out of the library of woodworking projects, and there are a few things I am going to sketch out some of the ideas and build my own version of... Cause I never follow a pattern exactly.

For the first time in a long time I am excited, like really excited, about something.

I guess this is part of the pendulum swing... Each time I get a little closer to balance.

There is good in this world and I am feeling part of it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment