Thursday, September 20, 2012

My computer went kaput. I am very fortunate that my mom still had her old laptop, and let me borrow it. The funny thing about this is that mom's laptop gets better internet reception than mine ever did. I will have to ask the computer guy about this when I take mine in for repair. I haven't been able to regularly log on with my laptop for several months, it almost seems personal. Which to me is kinda ridiculous, because what would I have done?

So anyways.

I have been going through a tough patch. I got pushed out of my job, my car broke down, the computer crapped out. And to top it off, my boyfriend is coming to visit for a few days. My house is in chaos right now, mostly because I have been spending so much time trying to distract myself from the fact that life decided to fall apart on me this summer.

I have a big To Do List. And it is all urgent.

I remember reading in one of my many self help books that you should spend the most time on important tasks, as opposed to just urgent ones. After a while the urgency diminishes, and you get to spend your time on stuff that is important but not urgent. I almost wish I could turn back time and spend some of it on maintenance instead of avoidance. I am learning, sometimes slowly, sometimes REALLY slowly.

I could live in the world of what if's but I think that classes as insanity. Speaking of there are two kinds of crazy in this world, there is good crazy that means you can see the fun in all kinds of life situations, then there is the bad crazy which involves denial and manipulation and control. I know I can be one of those people that has the good crazy. 

Well it has been great chatting, but I got a bunch of stuff to do. Gotta get to it before it becomes really urgent. lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment