Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I am going through some changes in my life. I want to share some of these today here on my blog.

I have been researching possible new careers for myself. I am looking at nutrition, health and wellness, and life coaching. My thinking is that these are all things I am passionate about and they are interconnected. If I can get some education in these areas I could have a personal business that would be satisfying on a personal and global level for me.

I started looking at nutrition. How the foods we eat affect our health and how we feel. I think I have a good idea how food affects my system, but I need to learn the why and how it would affect other people. I know from experience that the same food affects different people differently. There is no one diet that suits everyone.

Diet.

What exactly is a Diet? It has really become one of the four letter words. You know the ones, they are all bad. They all mean something dirty.

I looked it up, and my definition is #4: the foods eaten, as by a particular person or group: The native diet consists of fish and fruit.

A diet consists of everything a person puts into their system. It does not include the stuff you plan on eating, or know you should eat. It is the stuff you eat now. I don't understand how we, as a society have gotten so confused about this.

Right now I know my diet is less than ideal. I could be eating much healthier, but I am not going to deny what I am eating. I am eating way too much processed foods, not enough good protein, and not nearly enough fruits and vegetables. I do try to sub whole grains for white flour whenever I can.

I have some junk in my house that I need to use up before I can put a real solid effort into devising a healthy eating plan for myself. I have some processed salad dressings that have to go, and the non-dairy coffee creamer is so bad (the first ingredient it 'corn syrup solids')

I am trying to eat cleaner, no processed food, and less sugar. Sugar is really the Big Bad. The little research I have done so far, processed sugar is metabolized by the body as a poison. And the human body isn't able to process it as fast as we are eating it. So what is happening is it is building up in our systems and making us all sick. I for one don't want to be sick anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment