Monday, May 30, 2011

Before I Start Over

I am making a fresh start in life. I am moving out on my own again, and setting goals and making plans. I am so excited about my fresh start that I am having trouble finishing up the stuff that I already have on the go.

So before I get going on said New Life, I need to do a little housecleaning. As is known to everyone who actually reads my blog (not many) I have been with Jack for almost a year now. I am moving out. Things have been so rocky for so long, I don't have the energy for it any longer. I have completely lost myself in this relationship, all the stuff I used to do, quilting, friends, family, my business, and my freethinking have all vanished from my life. I want my life back!

I have been seeing a councilor through a program at work, to help me deal with stress and self-esteem. Likely the best decision I had made in a long time. Well, she has made me realize that I really do have worth and that this crazy stuff I do by collecting and visualizing is actually called art. I am an Artist. I have been so inspired, I have been taking my camera everywhere with me and taking random photos of all kinds of stuff. Trees, flowers, powerlines, puddles, buildings, etc. So what I want in life is to have my own studio, and finally get some of this inspiration actualized, like in the real world.

I made the decision to move into my own place early this month, and started looking for a place to rent. I have probably looked at 30 places altogether, the one I fell in love with was the first one I looked at. It has great light and a nice floor plan and is ground level so no stairs into a dungeon. But alas I was too slow, I wanted to look around and someone else snapped it up. But I believe that my Kharmic balance this time round is that I got to meet so many great people on this house hunt. In the past when I go hunting all the people I talk to are quiet or self focused or just kinda rude, but this time everyone was so appealing, I wanted to be friends with almost all of them.

So I found a place. It is further out the valley than I wanted, but I really like the light. There are only a couple of stairs down into the dungeon not like my old place. The place is not in great of shape, but I will put my mark on it anyway. It is a two bedroom basement suite, with a full bathroom, and full kitchen (the stove is apartment size, and I am okay with that). There are some little things that I noticed when I went to pick up the keys, but they are all minor. A cupboard door that doesn't meet in the middle, there is a nick in the back of the door, the shower doors have some mildew, all minor things that I can fix or clean. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, my own parking spot. And I can see the car from my living room. I really am so excited.

So I have a list of things to do before I leave Jacks place. I have already done the washroom closet (the handle fell off). The last big project I have is the curtains. The string on the blinds let go, so the landlord brought over some curtains from Ikea. All I have to do is press them and hem them ready to put up, I have one finished, so I am half way there.

I have so much stuff to do, moving day is in 2 days. I have these 2 days off. If I do this all day, I won't get the important stuff done on time.

I have so much more to say. I miss my blogging, and can't hardly wait to be able to do it again.

Bye for now, I promise to write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment